We provide innovative CPD courses which are developed by practitioners, for practitioners, and delivered by trained subject experts.
Course information and booking instructions are available through the links.
Here are a few courses for which we still have places available.
Team Working and Delegation: 19/04, 17/05
- Identify your personal and professional strengths
- Understand the dynamics of successful teams
- Be able to influence other stakeholders
- Receive and give constructive criticism
- Tackle conflict and build shared responsibility
- Gain support from other peopleDelivered by: Stephen Vallance, Solicitor and Business Consultant
Employment Law: 28/04, 12/05, 19/05
This course will focus on the practical and procedural aspects of pursuing and defending a claim in the employment tribunal. Course participants will be introduced to a common scenario raising potential unfair dismissal and discrimination claims. This will form the basis for exercises in drafting ET1s and ET3s, as well as case management agendas; conducting case management as well as substantive preliminary hearings; and preparation and conduct of a full hearing on liability and remedies.
Delivered by: Dr Muriel Robison, School of Law, University of Glasgow
Business, Commercial, Financial and Practice Awareness: 03/05, 10/05
Understand the changes occurring in the legal services sector in the UK in relation to business structures and delivery models
Recognise the opportunities that these changes may create for your firm
Identify the opportunities that these changes may create for your career
Delivered by: Stephen Vallance, Solicitor and Business Consultant
Data Protection and Freedom of Information: 09/05, 16/05, 23/05
- An introduction to the Data Protection Act 1998
- An introduction to the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 and the Environmental Information (Scotland) Regulations.
- The interface between Data Protection and Freedom of Information
Delivered by: Daradjeet Jagpal, Associate, Harper MacLeod LLP
Family Law: 18/05, 25/05, 01/06
- Family mediation.
- Investigation and collation of information, the preparation of a schedule of matrimonial assets and liabilities, the consideration and negotiation of a scheme of division and the drafting of a Minute of Agreement.
Delivered by: Nicos Scholarios, Senior Partner, MSM